Monday, July 13, 2009

Summertime, and the Livin' is -- BUSY!

Hello again -- it has been far too long since I've posted in this new blog, and while I'm full of reasons and excuses, they're all boring and I won't bother you with them. There is ONE thing, though -- I've been asked to write regularly for Politicususa.com, a liberal newsblog -- and I am thrilled. Somehow it's much easier to write for two places than for one, and I don't have a clue as to why. So here I am, and let's go! I shall attempt to be more disciplined in the future -- always a bit of a problem for me!

Since last checking in with you I've continued doing the Herbalife Formula One shakes, as I will be doing for the rest of my life. To my utter shock, my body has changed more in three months than I ever ever believed possible. And Patrick's has as well. I'm talking about visual changes, things an observant person can see. Those visual changes reflect internal changes I can only imagine, but haven't completely measured. I do know I've shed over 20 pounds, my coloring is back, and I'm beginning to get tired of people I haven't seen for a while look shocked as they reflexively look at me -- up and down, down and up -- then they get embarassed, and I save the situation by saying "yes, I have lost weight!" and of course I mention Herbalife. I've never been the type to "sell", but when a product or batch of products has saved your health and quality of life, you want to shout it to the rooftops.

And Patrick -- I have no idea how to express this. As said earlier, we'd gone through a phase in our relationship -- a sexual downturn lasting 5 1/2 years. I saw a program on telelvision the other day (sorry, I can't source this properly as I cannot remember what I was watching) where a relationship counselor said that after such a long period of sexual inactivity it was close to impossible to get those sexual fires lit again. I'm glad I didn't hear that pre-Herbalife, because my despair would have harmed my efforts to keep my relationship alive despite Patrick's physical difficulties. With Herbalife, after two mere months of Formula One shakes daily, that man is back! After three months -- all I can tell you is that we're like dizzy newlyweds -- so grateful and happy. I'm glad we were so kind to one another, as the rewards we're reaping thanks to Herbalife have made the memories of all those hard, sad years slip away.

You should see my sweetheart! Where there was a gray, lifeless pallor to his complexion, there is a healthy pink! He looks like the guy I met almost 8 years ago, and he acts like the guy I met almost 8 years ago. That he has gone from sexual dysfunction to the delicious opposite in two months is almost more than my fragile mind can handle. How can this be? Really -- how?

I can only offer my thoughts on the matter until I manage to corner some Herbalife scientists. I think that we as a culture are extraordinarily badly nourished. We're fat and we don't move around enough and we eat a ton of garbage masquerading as food. The supposedly healthy alternatives are doused in poisons and waxes and toxins of all sorts. The "organic" foods are expensive and hard to get depending on where you live. The animals we eat are raised in conditions worse than our prisons, often weak and diseased, and they die in a state of fear. How can any of this this be good for us?

Although our consciousness relative to nutrition has definitely been elevated in the last few decades, still as a country our habits are abysmal. There is an obesity epidemic raging, bringing with it attendant diseases such as diabetes, hypoglycemia, heart conditions and a host of other problems our society cannot afford to pay for. We have GOT to get a grip on this problem of national malnutrition. Although it is odd to consider that a nation of such large people can be malnourished at the same time, it is absolutely true. One of the reasons we eat so much is that our bodies are starving. As our food, grown on exhausted soil drenched with deadly chemicals, becomes more and more depleted we want more and more of it. This is not working out very well for us, as our national levels of obesity and attendant diseases skyrocket, along with their physical, emotional and finalcial tolls. We must continue to consider the effects of every bite we take upon our personal bodies and ultimately upon our national health care system, which is breaking under the very weight of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment